As we move into 2021, it’s clear that gardening has become an increasingly popular hobby for people around the world. Whether you’re an experienced gardener or just starting out, there are a number of exciting trends that we expect to see in the coming year. From sustainable gardening techniques to new plant varieties, the gardening world is constantly evolving, and 2021 will be no different.
Here are some of the gardening trends we expect to see in 2021:
1. Sustainable Gardening: There has been a growing emphasis on sustainable gardening practices over the past few years, and this trend is set to continue in 2021. More and more people are looking for ways to garden in an eco-friendly manner, by using natural methods to control pests and disease, using compost instead of synthetic fertilizers, and planting drought-tolerant species.
2. Indoor Gardening: With many people staying at home due to the pandemic, indoor gardening has become a popular way to bring some greenery into our homes. From small succulent gardens to sprawling indoor jungles, there are many ways to create an indoor garden that fits your space and personal style.
3. Native Plants: Another trend that we expect to see in 2021 is a greater emphasis on using native plants in the garden. These plants are better adapted to local conditions, which can make them easier to care for, and they also provide important habitat for wildlife.
4. Food Gardening: As the pandemic continues to disrupt our food supply chains, more and more people are turning to food gardening as a way to ensure a reliable source of fresh produce. From small container gardens to larger backyard plots, there are many ways to grow your own food regardless of the space you have available.
5. Vertical Gardening: With space at a premium in many urban areas, vertical gardening has become a popular solution for those who want to garden in a small space. Using trellises, hanging baskets, and other vertical structures, gardeners can create a thriving garden without taking up too much ground space.
6. Cottagecore: This trend is all about creating a nostalgic, idyllic garden that evokes a simpler time. Think wildflowers, vegetable gardens, and an abundance of cottage garden staples like roses and lavender.
7. Pollinator Gardens: In recent years, there has been a growing awareness of the important role that pollinators like bees and butterflies play in our ecosystem. One way to support these creatures is by creating a pollinator garden that provides them with the nectar and habitat they need to thrive.
No matter what your gardening style is, there are many exciting trends to look forward to in 2021. By incorporating these ideas into your garden, you can create a thriving outdoor space that supports both your own well-being and the health of the planet as a whole.